Friday, February 15, 2008

Movie Review: Untraceable

Diane Lane stars in this cyber crime thriller. I came in biased because I hated her so much for cheating on Richard Gere in Unfaithful. Think - Silence of the Lambs meets Dateline: To Catch a Predator. Strange bedfellows I'll admit, but intriguing nonetheless. A killer on the loose, torturing victims, and you can watch live by logging on to the streaming feed. The more people that log on and watch the faster the victim dies. Genious. Plot twists are believable, production values rate a B. Commits the cardinal no-no of having a plot line that goes nowhere, but all-in-all worth seeing. A touch of corny on the ending. I'd give it 3 1/2 kernels of corn out of 5. Wasn't bad for the Valentine's Day dinner and a movie ensemble with the wife. It was a decent compromise situation between Juno and Step It Up 2. If you go see Fool's Gold I will personally come by your house and smack some sense into you. JJ out.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can't wait till Step It Up 2 comes out on DVD, we're gonna have a marathon. Since I know you are sad you missed it.